Are you interested in supporting students pursuing college or vocational postsecondary education? Scholarship funds allow you to invest in our future leaders and their educational paths.
Why establish a scholarship fund?
Higher education is more expensive and more important than ever before. Education Forward Arizona's Education Progress Meter shows that fewer than half of Arizona high school graduates go on to pursue postsecondary degrees or vocational training the year after graduating from high school. Your scholarship can help break down the economic barriers that keep students from achieving their goals.
Based on your desired level of involvement, you may be able to:
- Designate a specific institution such as a college or trade school to receive funding, with the school selecting annual award recipients.
- Provide guidance to the ACF scholarship office regarding the goals of the scholarship program, leaving the selection process to ACF.
- Participate as a member of the selection committee to review individual applications and vote on award recipients.
Your reason to start a scholarship fund may include:
- A desire to support students who are the first in their families to attend college.
- Providing financial resources for students who otherwise cannot afford to attend college.
- Honoring a loved one who has passed away.
- Supporting students who are pursuing degrees in a field that is near and dear to you.
- Engaging with students who are attending your alma mater.