The Center for LGBTQ Philanthropy at the Arizona Community Foundation is based on a belief in the power of uniting multiple voices, perspectives and resources to solve problems and build on opportunities.
Unity through diversity
The Center for LGBTQ Philanthropy supports Arizona’s LGBTQ community in addressing relevant and timely needs through collective, impactful philanthropy. Donors can give to a community fund focused on a particular area of interest, or establish their own fund to address causes of personal importance.
The Center offers ongoing educational workshops, seminars and special events that unite LGBTQ individuals, allied professionals and nonprofit organizations around topics of shared concern.
Philanthropy from and for the LGBTQ community
The Arizona Community Foundation first demonstrated its commitment to causes for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning communities through a dedicated fund in the early 2000s. The fund supported capacity building for a variety of nonprofits serving the LGBTQ community, including programs for health, tolerance and diversity learning, education, research and the arts.
The Center for LGBTQ Philanthropy was established by the Arizona Community Foundation in 2013, with specific goals to:
- Inspire and build philanthropy among Arizona’s LGBTQ community.
- Build awareness of and engagement between LGBTQ community members and the Arizona Community Foundation.
- Encourage philanthropic investment by the LGBTQ community.
- Enhance support for LGBTQ-related nonprofit organizations.
- Build awareness of the philanthropic impact and potential of the LGBTQ community among beneficiary organizations through grantmaking and community forums.
- Demonstrate to straight allies the potential prominence and impact of supporting LGBTQ community philanthropic causes.