Education is a positive predictor of health, employment, and overall quality of life. By nurturing educational attainment, we can all inspire health and promote quality of life for all Arizonans.
To support educational attainment while fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion, Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Arizona (BCBSAZ), in partnership with Fiesta Bowl, launched the Empowering Diversity Scholarship. This scholarship supports two educational pathways: post-secondary attainment and general education development (GED).
Donations to the Empowering Diversity Scholarship will provide tuition dollars to each scholarship recipient– in addition to wraparound services vital to supporting positive youth development.
Critical wraparound support services will be provided through partnerships with organizations including Be A Leader Foundation, College Success Arizona, and College Depot – providing services such as:
- Navigating high school equivalency programs or the college application process
- Guidance completing financial aid forms
- Access to positive social support networks
The Empowering Diversity Scholarship offers two scholarship opportunities:
- Post-secondary Scholarship Package: $5,000 in tuition support plus $500 for wraparound support
- General Education Development Scholarship Package: $200 in support for high school diploma or equivalency plus $500 for wraparound support
Your generous donation to the Empowering Diversity Scholarship fund will provide some of the best and brightest Arizona minds with the support they need to succeed in their educational journeys.
Thank you for helping us make Arizona a healthier and more vibrant community!