The City of Phoenix is offering grants of up to $10,000* to local restaurants and mobile food service businesses to help with costs associated with reopening following closures related to the COVID-19 response.
The City of Phoenix Restaurant Restart Resiliency Grant program is for locally-owned restaurants and local franchises located anywhere in the city of Phoenix that are working to restart their business before September 1, 2020.
Grants may be used for buying inventory and supplies, rehiring employees, implementing safety protocols for both employees and customers, resetting floor plans to accommodate for social distancing and other legitimate opening costs. No repayment is necessary for grants.
*While funding is available; applying for a grant does not guarantee funds will be awarded. Program administered by the Arizona Community Foundation.
To qualify, restaurants and food trucks must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Currently operate a physical/mobile location in the city of Phoenix.
- The location must have been open in Phoenix since January 1, 2019.
- Have experienced a gross sales decline of at least 25% as a result of COVID-19 in March and April of 2020, when compared to March and April of 2019.
- Reopen by September 1, 2020.
- Ability to share the financial impact of this grant on their business.
- Not have previously been awarded funds from the Phoenix Small Business Relief Grant Program or any City of Phoenix Resiliency Grant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out the answers to some frequently asked questions related to this grant program.
Read the program guidelines before applying.