The City of Phoenix is offering grants of up to $5,000* to local microbusinesses, solo practitioners, and entrepreneurs experiencing economic distress and sudden loss of revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Resiliency grants are intended to help both for-profit and non-profit small businesses keep employees on payroll and meet other necessary operating costs. Preference will be given in order of application.
Microbusiness owners, solo practitioners, entrepreneurs, independent operators, and startups are eligible, even when the business is home-based, or its workplace is inside another business, such as a booth rental in a hair salon, or in a coworking space.
Grants may be used to cover costs of operations, supplies and materials, or rehiring employees. No repayment is necessary for grants. Grant funds must be used by November 1, 2020.
*While funding is available; applying for a grant does not guarantee funds will be awarded. Program administered by the Arizona Community Foundation.
To qualify, microbusinesses/solo practitioners/entrepreneurs must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Currently operate a physical/mobile location in the city of Phoenix.
- In operation in the city of Phoenix for one year prior to application.
- Have experienced a gross sales decline of at least 25% as a result of COVID-19 in at least one month, since March 1, 2020, as compared to the same month in 2019.
- No more than five (5) employees as of March 1, 2020.
- No more than $1 million in gross total sales between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
- Ability to share the financial impact of this grant on their business.
- Not have previously been awarded funds from the Phoenix Small Business Relief Grant Program, any City of Phoenix Resiliency Grant Program (Small Business Relief Grant, Microbusiness Resiliency Grant, and Restaurant Restart Resiliency Grant), or Maricopa County Grant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out the answers to some frequently asked questions related to this grant program.
Read the program guidelines before applying.