Maricopa County is offering grants up to $15,000* to small businesses and nonprofits that began operating prior to March 1, 2020.
The purpose of the Maricopa County New Business Relief Program is to support the continued viability of small businesses experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic and that are ineligible for Maricopa County’s existing small business program due to not meeting the requirement that they be in operation prior to January 1, 2019. This program is an enhancement of the existing Small Business Relief Program.
*While funding is available; applying for a grant does not guarantee funds will be awarded. Program administered by the Arizona Community Foundation.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, November 13, 2020. Grants will be awarded on a rolling basis until funding is exhausted or the grant period closes.
To qualify, small business and nonprofits must meet all of the following requirements:
- Was in operation in Maricopa County prior to March 1, 2020.
- Employs 50 or fewer full-time equivalents as of March 1, 2020.
- Did not generate more than $400,000 in monthly gross sales or revenues in any month between January 1, 2020 and the date of the application.
- Meets required zoning and regulatory requirements including:
- Having the proper zoning entitlements.
- Not having any active enforcement actions against the applicant by Maricopa County or their respective city/town government.
- Being in substantial compliance, meaning that the County or respective city/town has not taken any enforcement action authorized by law for any deficiencies.
- Is in good standing with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- Complies with the following provisions:
- Not an adult-oriented business as defined by A.R.S. § 11-811 (E)(5).
- Not engaged in the growth, harvest, storage, transport, distribution, use or otherwise providing cannabis for medical or recreational purposes.
- Not owned, in whole or part, by a Maricopa County official or employee who, in their official capacity, participates in the oversight, development or implementation of the Maricopa County Small Business/Nonprofit Relief Program.