Maricopa County is offering grants up to $10,000* to small businesses and nonprofits experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Relief grants are intended to help for-profit small businesses and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations with expense reimbursement. For-profit businesses and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations located in Maricopa County, but not within the cities of Mesa or Phoenix**, are eligible.
*While funding is available; applying for a grant does not guarantee funds will be awarded. Program administered by the Arizona Community Foundation.
**If your organization is located within the City of Phoenix, check out funding opportunities for Phoenix small businesses.
Applications will be accepted beginning Thursday, July 9, 2020 through Friday, July 31, 2020.
Grants will be awarded on a rolling basis until funding is exhausted or the grant period closes.
To qualify, small business and nonprofits must meet all of the following requirements:
- In operation in Maricopa County, but not within the cities of Phoenix or Mesa, prior to January 1, 2019.
- Employs 25 or fewer full-time equivalents as of March 1, 2020.
- Did not generate more than $3 million in gross revenues between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
- Gross revenues declined by at least 25% as a result of COVID-19 in March and April 2020 as compared to March and April 2019.
- Has not received other COVID-related government financial assistance including but not limited to Payroll Protection Program, Economic Injury Disaster Loan, SBA Express Bridge Loans, and SBA Debt Relief.
- Meets required zoning and regulatory requirements including:
- Having the proper zoning entitlements.
- Not having any active enforcement actions against the applicant by Maricopa County or their respective city/town government.
- Being in substantial compliance, meaning that the County or respective city/town has not taken any enforcement action authorized by law for any deficiencies.
- Is in good standing with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- Complies with the following provisions:
- Not an adult-oriented business as defined by A.R.S. § 11-811 (E)(5).
- Not engaged in the growth, harvest, storage, transport, distribution, use or otherwise providing cannabis for medical or recreational purposes.
- Not owned, in whole or part, by a Maricopa County official or employee who, in their official capacity, participates in the oversight, development or implementation of the Maricopa County Small Business/Nonprofit Relief Program.