Maricopa County is offering grants up to $25,000* to small businesses and nonprofits experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Relief grants are intended to support the continued viability of small businesses and nonprofits across the Valley. For-profit businesses and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations located in Maricopa County are eligible**.
*While funding is available; applying for a grant does not guarantee funds will be awarded. Program administered by the Arizona Community Foundation.
**Organizations that formed prior to January 1, 2019 are eligible for this program. If your organization began operating between January 1, 2019 and March 1, 2020, you may be eligible for the New Business/Nonprofit Relief Grant Program.
Applications for Phase 2 will be accepted beginning Monday, August 17 through Friday, November 13, 2020. Grants will be awarded on a rolling basis until funding is exhausted or the grant period closes.
To qualify, small business and nonprofits must meet all of the following requirements:
- In operation in Maricopa County prior to January 1, 2019 (If your organization began operating between January 1, 2019 and March 1, 2020, you may be eligible for the New Business/Nonprofit Relief Grant Program).
- Employs 50 or fewer full-time equivalents as of March 1, 2020.
- Did not generate more than $5 million in gross revenues between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
- Gross revenues declined by at least 25% as a result of COVID-19 from March through June 2020 as compared to March through June 2019.
- Meets required zoning and regulatory requirements including:
- Having the proper zoning entitlements.
- Not having any active enforcement actions against the applicant by Maricopa County or their respective city/town government.
- Being in substantial compliance, meaning that the County or respective city/town has not taken any enforcement action authorized by law for any deficiencies.
- Is in good standing with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- Complies with the following provisions:
- Not an adult-oriented business as defined by A.R.S. § 11-811 (E)(5).
- Not engaged in the growth, harvest, storage, transport, distribution, use or otherwise providing cannabis for medical or recreational purposes.
- Not owned, in whole or part, by a Maricopa County official or employee who, in their official capacity, participates in the oversight, development or implementation of the Maricopa County Small Business/Nonprofit Relief Program.