The Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona is a family of charitable funds created for the community, by the community. Some funds have a broad grantmaking focus while others target a specific organization or field.
During the 12-month period ending March 31, 2018, the Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona awarded over $611,200 in grants and scholarships through the competitive grants process and through the advice of donors who have established funds with ACF of Sedona. Since inception, ACF of Sedona has awarded over $6 million in total grants and scholarships to nonprofit organizations and students from Sedona and the Verde Valley.
2019 Competitive Grant Cycle
Through its competitive grant cycle, the Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona will provide funding to local community groups, nonprofits, Tribal entities, pubic schools, churches, and government agencies who attended a grant application workshop in January 2019.
Online applications are now open and final applications must be submitted before 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 29, 2019. For more information on eligibility requirements, tips for submitting, and instructions for applying, download the 2019 Grant Guidelines.
Apply for Grants
2018 Competitive Grants
The competitive grants process for 2018 culminated in more than $190,000 in grants awarded to 42 nonprofit organizations serving residents of Sedona and the Verde Valley. The Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona distributed grants with the guidance of an all-volunteer panel composed of local leaders. Grants were awarded in a diversity of areas of need, including animal welfare, arts & culture, education, environment & sustainability, community health, tolerance & diversity, social services, children, senior citizens and individuals with disabilities.
The need for funding outpaced the funds available for grantmaking in 2018, leaving opportunities for people like you to make a difference. These 2016 Worthy Projects include opportunities to support Sedona and the Verde Valley with a gift to a deserving organization that will make an immediate impact.
Read about what grants from ACF of Sedona are doing to improve our community by exploring these stories of impact.
Stories of Impact
2018 Grant Recipients
In 2018, the Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona awarded competitive grants to the 41 nonprofit organizations listed below.
- Arizona Crisis Team
- Arizona's Children Association
- Boys to Men Mentoring Network, North Central Arizona
- Bread of Life Missions
- Buena Vista Children's Services
- Camp Verde Adult Reading Program
- Camp Verde Marshal's Office
- Cornucopia Community Advocates
- Emerson Theater Collaborative
- Gardens for Humanity
- Girls on the Run of Northern Arizona
- Humane Society of Sedona
- Mental Health Coalition Verde Valley
- Mentally Ill Kids In Distress
- Northern Arizona Restorative Justice
- Northland Cares
- Oak Creek Watershed Council
- Rainbow Acres
- Red Earth Theatre
- Red Rocks Music Festival
- Rotary Club of Sedona
- Sedona Arts Center
- Sedona Community Food Bank
- Sedona Historical Society
- Sedona International Film Festival
- Sedona Police Department
- Sedona Public Library
- Senior Citizens of Camp Verde
- Special Olympics Arizona
- Steps to Recovery Homes
- Sun Sounds Foundation
- Unify Sedona
- Verde Natural Conservation District
- Verde River Institute
- Verde Valley CASA Support Council
- Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition
- Verde Valley Cyclists Coalition
- Verde Valley Fire District
- Verde Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Verde Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Verde Valley Sanctuary
- Yavapai Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Yavapai Education Service Agency
- Yavapai Trails Association