The Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona is a family of charitable funds created for the community, by the community. Some funds have a broad grantmaking focus while others target a specific organization or field.
During the 12-month period ending March 31, 2017, the Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona awarded over $412,000 in grants and scholarships through the competitive grants process and through the advice of donors who have established funds with ACF of Sedona. Since inception, ACF of Sedona has awarded nearly $5.5 million in total grants and scholarships to nonprofit organizations and students from Sedona and the Verde Valley.
2018 Competitive Grants Process
The annual competitive grants process for the Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona will provide financial support for projects and programs serving the area's residents. The online application is now closed. Grant recipients will be announced in the fall of 2018.
The competitive grants process for 2017 culminated in more than $228,000 in grants awarded to 47 nonprofit organizations serving residents of Sedona and the Verde Valley. The Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona distributed grants with the guidance of an all-volunteer panel composed of local leaders. Grants were awarded in a diversity of areas of need, including animal welfare, arts & culture, education, environment & sustainability, community health, tolerance & diversity, social services, children, senior citizens and individuals with disabilities.
The need for funding outpaced the funds available for grantmaking in 2016, leaving opportunities for people like you to make a difference. These 2016 Worthy Projects include opportunities to support Sedona and the Verde Valley with a gift to a deserving organization that will make an immediate impact.
Read about what grants from ACF of Sedona are doing to improve our community by exploring these stories of impact.
Stories of Impact
In 2017, the Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona awarded competitive grants to the 47 nonprofit organizations listed below.
- ABIDE Maternity Home
- American Red Cross in Northern Arizona
- Arizona Science Center
- Arizona Town Hall
- Arizona's Children Association
- AZ SciTech, Arizona Technology Council Foundation
- Bread of Life Missions
- Buena Vista Children's Services
- Camp Verde Adult Reading Program
- Chamber Music Sedona
- Civitan Foundation
- Cornucopia Community Advocates
- Friends of Verde River Greenway
- Gardens for Humanity
- Girl Scouts—Arizona Cactus-Pine Council
- Girls on the Run of Northern Arizona
- Jewish Community of Sedona
- Northern Arizona Restorative Justice
- Oak Creek Watershed Council
- Old Town Mission
- Rainbow Acres
- Red Earth Theatre
- Rotary Club of Sedona Charitable Fund
- Runnin W Wildlife Center
- Scorpion Booster Club
- Sedona Community Center
- Sedona Arts Center
- Sedona Arts Festival
- Sedona Public Library
- Sedona Recycles
- Senior Citizens of Camp Verde
- Special Olympics Arizona
- Steps to Recovery Homes
- Teen Lifeline
- The Verde Natural Conservation District Environmental Education Center
- Trauma Intervention Programs of Arizona
- United States Veterans Initiative
- Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition
- Verde Valley Humane Society
- Verde Valley Sanctuary
- Verde Valley Senior Center
- Verde Valley Sinfonietta
- Yavapai Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Yavapai County ADR Services
- Yavapai County Sheriff's Office
- Yavapai Food Council