The Arizona Community Foundation of the Gila Valley is a family of charitable funds created for the community, by the community. Some funds have a broad grantmaking focus while others target a specific organization or field. Grants are awarded year-round either through donor advice or through a competitive process overseen by our local Board of Advisors.
During the 12-month period ending March 31, 2020, the Arizona Community Foundation of the Gila Valley awarded over $112,000 in grants and scholarships through the competitive grants process and through the advice of donors who have established funds with ACF of the Gila Valley. Since inception, ACF of the Gila Valley has awarded more than $1.1 million in grants and scholarships to nonprofit organizations and students in the Gila Valley region.
2021 Competitive Grants
The 2021 competitive grants process for the Arizona Community Foundation of the Gila Valley concluded with the awarding of $38,000 in grants to nine nonprofit organizations.
Grants were awarded to organizations to support projects in social services, healthcare, environment, animal welfare, and more. See below for a full list of organizations that received support through the 2021 competitive grants process.
- Aravaipa Watershed Conservation Alliance
- Desert Cat Rescue & Sanctuary of Arizona
- Gila Watershed Partnership of Arizona
- Graham County Search and Rescue Squad
- Mount Graham Safe House, Inc.
- Nalwoodi Denzhone Community
- Our Neighbors Farm & Pantry
- Pima Volunteer Fire Department
- Southeastern Arizona Community Unique Services