Year-end giving deadlines
The Arizona Community Foundation is poised to assist you with your year-end giving. So that we can provide the best possible service and ensure your charitable gifts qualify for a charitable income tax deduction in the 2018 tax year, please keep these important dates in mind:
- Gifts of appreciated stock should be made by December 26, 2018. Notify your Relationship Manager of the transfer as soon as possible.
- Checks sent via the U.S. Postal Service to any ACF or Affiliate office must be postmarked on or before December 31, 2018.
- Checks sent via carriers such as FedEx, UPS and DHL must be physically received at any ACF or Affiliate office on or before December 31, 2018.
- Wire transfers of cash must be initiated no later than December 28, 2018.
- Credit card gifts made by phone or online may be made until December 31, 2018.
Call 602.682.2082 to contact Erica Balderas for assistance.
Year-end grant recommendations
Donor advised fundholders may wish to recommend grants as part of year-end campaigns or holiday contributions. In order for nonprofit recipients to receive grant checks in 2018*, recommendations should be made by Noon on Friday, December 14. Donor advised grant recommendations should be made online through our secure donor portal.
ACF calculates a grantmaking target of 4.25% of the fund's balance, averaged over the previous three years. For endowed funds, the grantmaking target remains available for granting through March 31, 2019. On April 1, 2019, any un-granted amount is reinvested in the fund and a new grantmaking target is calculated for the new fiscal year. For spendable funds, the grantmaking target should be treated as a guideline in order to grow the fund over time and create a lasting charitable legacy.
*The timing of donor advised grants has no effect on your 2018 charitable income tax donations since your charitable contribution was made when you contributed it to your donor advised fund.
Year-end office hours
The Arizona Community Foundation is ready to help you complete your year-end charitable giving, with our staff available to provide answers and process transactions until the last day of the year. Our offices will be closed on Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25 but will be open for business as usual Wednesday, December 26 through Monday, December 31 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.