How to support the families of Robb Elementary students and the Uvalde community
In the wake of the May 24 shooting at Robb Elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, the San Antonio Area Foundation is partnering with the Community Foundation of Texas Hill Country to support the community through two funds.
The first fund is the Uvalde Strong Fund, which will provide relief for victims, their families, and others affected by the shooting. The second is the Uvalde Strong Survivors Fund, which will provide direct financial assistance to the survivors of the deceased and those directly affected by the tragedy.
Click here to learn more or give to either of these funds.
Below are other organizations that provide resources to families like those impacted in Uvalde:
- Children’s Bereavement Center provides free Peer Support Groups for children, young adults, and adult caregivers after the death of a loved one. Groups are open to anyone who has lost a parent, sibling, grandparent, relative, or friend as a result of illness, accident, suicide, or homicide.
- Avance is a national nonprofit primarily serving Texas, that creates pathways to economic mobility for predominately Latino families through high quality, culturally responsive, two-generation programming that ensures school-readiness for young children and opportunities for parents to build social and economic capital.
- Catholic Charities of San Antonio Catholic Charities focuses on the needs of individuals and families, emphasizing social justice, social teaching and community service.
- Communities in School provides students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
- Ecumenical Center serves as a catalyst to bring together community leaders in the research, education, medical, and mental health professions in order to offer professional help and hope in a caring atmosphere.