In each AEBI class, four or five nonprofit organizations work with ACF and mentor volunteers to formally build their endowment program. The participating nonprofits are required to:
- Build a team comprised of key board and staff members.
- Have up to 2,000 records screened for planned giving prospects.
- Prepare deliverables to further their own planned giving program. These include donor testimonials, endowment goals, marketing plans and engagement strategies.
- Prepare or refresh policies that support endowment building.
- Implement or develop a "legacy society" for donors who make legacy commitments.
- Attend monthly class meetings.
- Attend the annual day-long symposium of the Arizona Planned Giving Round Table.
- (Optional) Attend Arizona Musicfest.
All participants pay a $5,000 fee to participate. The fee covers instruction, data screening, textbook and lunches. The PGRT AZ symposium and Arizona Musicfest are not included in the course fee.