2018 Heart of Yuma Call for Nominations
Request for Nominations
Do you know people or nonprofit organizations in our community who have distinguished themselves for their spirit of service? Whether they contribute time to volunteer, lend financial support to great causes or provide leadership for nonprofit organizations, this is your opportunity to honor them.
Nominations are now open, and must be postmarked or submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 21, 2018 to be considered. Awardees will be recognized at the Heart of Yuma community celebration on Tuesday, October 23 at 6:00 p.m. at the Yuma Civic Center.
How to Submit
There are three ways you can submit your nominations:
- Online, using the form below.
- Download and email this fillable form [PDF, 560 KB] form along with your detailed letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Spanish version available here [PDF, 444 KB].
- Mail hard copies of the above PDF to the following address: Arizona Community Foundation of Yuma, P.O. Box 6835, Yuma, AZ 85366.
Nominees in all categories will be evaluated using these four criteria: involvement, leadership, initiative and contribution.
- Outstanding Volunteer - Nominees should be individuals who demonstrate exceptional generosity through volunteerism to charitable organizations within Yuma County, and whose volunteerism motivates fellow volunteers.
- Outstanding Leader - Nominees should be individuals who demonstrate exceptional leadership in their participation with charitable organizations within Yuma County, and have motivated other community members through their leadership to become involved in philanthropy.
- Outstanding Young Leader (18 and under) - Nominees should be students (aged 18 and under) whose voluntary fundraising efforts have demonstrated the spirit of philanthropy and who set an example for others to follow. The recipient must have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to community service in Yuma County.
- Outstanding Benefactor - Nominees should be individuals whose exceptional generosity and civic responsibility is demonstrated through financial contributions to charitable organizations within Yuma County. The recipient must have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to community service in Yuma County.
- Outstanding For-Profit Corporation - Nominees should be companies that have demonstrated a history of generosity and/or leadership benefiting Yuma area nonprofit organizations.
- Outstanding Nonprofit Organization - Nominees should be a qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations with a history of improving the quality of life in Yuma County.
- Outstanding Service Organization - Nominees should be a group of people – not a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization - with a history of improving the quality of life in Yuma County.
Other Important Information
- You may submit only one nomination per category and you may submit no more than three nominations. Each nomination must be on a separate nomination form.
- For individual categories, please nominate living individuals who have made a significant difference in supporting our community. The nominee should exceed expectations in their effort to making the community a great place to live. If possible, include a digital photo of the nominee.
- All nominees will be reviewed by the Heart of Yuma Blue Ribbon Panel.
- All nominees, whether category winner or not, will be recognized for their contributions by being called forward at the event to receive the beautiful Heart of Yuma paperweight.
- All nominees will be contacted to confirm their willingness to be recognized for their contributions. The content of each nomination form will be provided for the nominee’s approval, if requested.
Submit Nominations Online