$32,993 in grants awarded to Gila Valley organizations
The 2017 competitive grants process for the Arizona Community Foundation of the Gila Valley culminated in the awarding of more than $32,993 in grants to 12 nonprofit organizations serving Graham and Greenlee counties.
- Arts Guild of Eastern Arizona received $1,000 for its Youth Art, Featured Artist and Workshop Programs.
- The City of Safford received $2,500 for the Give from the Heart program.
- Gila Valley Arts Council received $3,000 to support Gila Valley Sounds.
- Gila Watershed Partnership of Arizona received $2,500 for their Pollinator Conservation Education Project.
- Graham County Interfaith Care Alliance, Inc. received $4,493 to support vehicle procurement for their Our Neighbors Farm & Pantry program.
- Graham County Special Services received $2,500 to support the Special Needs Preschool Playground Shade program.
- Javelina Chase Omnium received $1,500 for the Javelina Chase Cycling Event.
- Mt. Graham Safe House, Inc. received $2,500 to fund a driver.
- Southeastern Arizona Clean and Beautiful received $4,500 to cover blight remediation activities in the Gila Valley.
- Special Olympics Arizona received $3,000 for Special Olympics in Graham County.
- St. Vincent De Paul Society received $3,000 for their Bring up the Lights program.
- Tooth B.U.D.D.S., Inc. received $2,500 for their Bringing Understanding of Dental Disease to Schools summer pilot program.