$33,500 in grants awarded to Gila Valley organizations
The 2016 competitive grants process for the Arizona Community Foundation of the Gila Valley culminated in the awarding of more than $33,500 in grants to 12 nonprofit organizations serving Graham and Greenlee counties.
- Boys & Girls Club of Gila Valley received $2,300 for its Opportunity Club.
- Duncan Public Library received $500 for its Lego Club.
- Easter Seals Blake Foundation received $4,400 to support Incredible Years Dinosaur School in Safford.
- Friend2Friend God’s Pantry received $4,300 for food and operating expenses for their Eliminating Hunger program.
- Gila Valley Arts Council received $3,000 to support the educational component of Tucson Symphony Orchestra Woodwind Quintet.
- Gila Valley Chorale received $2,300 for operating expenses.
- New Life City Church received $2,300 to purchase bicycles for each child in Project Luke.
- Pride Society received $400 to replace globes in street lamps.
- Southeastern Arizona Clean and Beautiful received $4,300 to cover blight remediation activities in the Gila Valley.
- Southeastern Arizona Community Unique Services received $5,000 to increase the number of seniors they serve through their Meals Programs.
- Southeastern Arizona Dementia Friendly Communities received $4,300 to recruit and train education volunteers.
- University of Arizona Foundation received $400 to implement school gardens at Duncan Elementary and Duncan Head Start Schools.