The Arizona Community Foundation of Cochise is a family of charitable funds created for the community, by the community. Some funds have a broad grantmaking focus while others target a specific organization or field. Grants are awarded year-round either through donor advice or through a competitive process overseen by our local Board of Advisors.
Our communities benefit from collaboration and generosity
During the 12-month period ending March 31, 2017, the Arizona Community Foundation of Cochise awarded over $555,000 in grants through the competitive grants process and through the advice of donors who have established funds with ACF of Cochise.
Since inception, ACF of Cochise has awarded over $8 million in grants and scholarships to Cochise area nonprofit organizations and students.
2018 Competitive Grant Process
The annual competitive grant process for the Arizona Community Foundation of Cochise will provide financial support for projects and programs serving the area's residents. The online application will open in early 2018 and the projects that receive funding will be announced in the fall. For more information, contact Angie Laskarides.
2017 Competitive Grants
The competitive grants process for 2017 concluded with the awarding of $58,000 in grants to 25 nonprofit organizations, thanks in no small part to the new partnership between the Arizona Community Foundation of Cochise and the Legacy Foundation of Southeast Arizona.
Grants were awarded to organizations and schools to support projects improving the lives of children, families and veterans as well as preserving the environment. See below for a full list of organizations that received support through the 2017 competitive grants process.
- Arizona Science Center
- Bisbee Coalition for Homeless
- Arizona Town Hall - Douglass
- Bowie Unified School District
- Boys & Girls Club of Sierra Vista
- Buena Music
- Chiricahua Community Health Centers
- City of Tombstone Library
- Cochise Equine Therapy
- Cochise Robotics Association
- Community Synergy Solutions
- Douglas Area Foodbank
- Friends of San Pedro
- Girl Scouts (El Frieda)
- Mt. Graham Safe House
- Pio Decimo Center
- San Pedro River Arts Council
- Sierra Vista Women's Club
- Soldier's Best Friend
- St. Michael's Abbey
- Sunsites Pearce Fire District
- Tombstone Senior Volunteers
- Willcox Historic Theatre
- Willcox United Methodist Church Preschool & Daycare
2016 Legacy Foundation Grantees
- Alzheimer's Association Desert Southwest Chapter - Southern AZ Region
- Bisbee Coalition for the Homeless
- CASA of Cochise County
- Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc.
- Cochise Family Advocacy Center, Inc.
- Douglas ARC
- Friends of the S. V. Animal Shelter, Inc.
- Soldier's Best Friend
- Southeast Arizona Area Health Education Center, Inc.
- Southeastern Arizona Consumer Run Services, Inc.
- Southern Arizona Children's Haven